+91 9116117170

iPhone can be hacked with a text | Cyberops

iPhone can be hacked with a text

By Chandan Singh 0 Comment September 24, 2016


Much more than 86% of Apple iphones in the world are apparently still vulnerable to a security flaw which allows a hacker to completely dominate the device with only a text, according to data from mobile and web analytics firm MixPanel.

A surprising number of individuals have not yet up-to-date the iPhone’s mobile operating-system – despite an immediate warning to do so coming from Apple previous week – in light of the major security problem the organization was forced to right in iOS 9.3.5.

As per MixPanel’s report, which relies on partners sharing the version of iOS people are using to download their apps, only about 11% of users have up-to-date to the latest version of iOS, while about 2% of individuals are getting iOS 10 beta version, which is also protected from the security issue.

That means more than 86% of iOS users are still susceptible to a malicious tool called “Pegasus, ” an impossible-to-detect software that can hack an iPhone using nothing more than a text message.

Apple’s programmer website, which was previous updated on August 12-15, said 13% of users were utilizing a version of iOS 8 or previous. The website does not break out individual forms, so it’s unclear what version of iOS being unfaithful the other 87% reported are using. A someone for the company dropped to offer more details.

Anything below the newest version, 9.3.5, is vulnerable to this kind of attack.

Researchers Bill Marczak and John Scott-Railton of Citizen Lab worked well with Lookout Security to discover and document the flaw, which was revealed last Wednesday. It allows an attacker to set up advanced spying tools that can activate an individual’s camera and microphone, monitor their movements, and check all messages.

They called it a “Trident”, since it used 3 “zero-day” vulnerabilities, bugs that were unfixed and unfamiliar to Apple, which then needed to scramble to fix the issue. The experts disclosed the issue to Apple before publishing their results, and the company released an urgent update to iOS.

People who set up Apple’s new iOS being unfaithful. 3.5 version will no longer be susceptible to this issue, and the organization is urging all people to immediately update.

You may update your iPhone by going to Settings > General > Software Update.


error: Content is protected by Cyberops !!