How to enable Two-Step Verification on WhatsApp
WhatsApp Two-Step Verification –
Two-step verification is an optional feature that adds more security to your account. When you have two-step verification enabled, any attempt to verify your phone number on WhatsApp must be accompanied by the six-digit PIN that you created using this feature.
“To enable two-step verification on WhatsApp, Open WhatsApp > Settings > Account > Two-step verification > Enable”.
How to enable Two-Step Verification on WhatsApp Step by Step with ScreenShots –
1. Open WhatsApp application on your mobile –
2. Press the Option menu, beside the Search option and click on Settings –
3. Go to Account tab –
4. Click on Two-step verification option –
5. To enable Two-step verification, click on Enable button –
6. Once you have clicked Enable, pass the 6-digit PIN and press Next –
7. Type the email address which will be used to reset PIN and press Next –
8. Finally, you have successfully setup the Two-step verification on WhatsApp –
WhatsApp Security –
That’s it! Your WhatsApp account is now much more secure. You’ll get periodic reminders to enter your passcode so you don’t forget it, and in the unlikely event that you do, you’ll be able to use your email address to disable the feature.
WhatsApp took a huge step toward ensuring its users’ privacy earlier this year by making all conversations end-to-end encrypted by default, and given the service has over 1 billion users, that is a big deal. The platform has also seen a constant stream of feature additions this year, including the rollout of a desktop client, introduction of voice calls, improvements to group chats, video calling, and GIF support.
New features make their way to the beta channel weeks (often months) before they’re rolled out widely, and if you’re interested in getting a first look at upcoming additions, you should consider signing up for WhatsApp beta on Android.