Email Security Tips
- Prevent public Wi-Fi to gain access to your email account because you can be victim of MITM or DNS spoofing.
- Usually allow HTTPS in your account and before signing into your account check whether the URL consists of HTTPS or not.
- Usually do not share your login information with anyone.
- Login regularly in your account so that if someone can make an effort to hack your account you will get notification that someone was looking to gain access to your account.
- Regularly examine the login activities and if you get any suspect login activities then immediately swap out your password.
- Never neglect to log out properly after completing the program.
- Never open any suspect email from unknown person.
- Never click on any suspicious link from unfamiliar person it can grab your passwords.
- Every internet browser gives an option to remember password in web browser but you must not save passwords in your browser.
- set of a Good Password for your email account. Strong Password which contains:
- Help to make use of a reliable secondary email address from where your account can be recovered in the case of hack account or want to forgotten password.
- Set up SMS alert for all those get access activities in email service. For example in Google mail and yahoo you should setup 2-Step Verification.
- Become sensible with your security question. Choose a security question which is not normal in your daily life for example:
- Additionally, download and mount Anti-Key-logging software so that no person can get your key strokes.
- Scan every suspicious attachments from unfamiliar person. You must check out properly by online multiple anti-virus scanner. If perhaps it contains virus than don’t open it and delete it.
At least 12 to 15 characters.
Both numeric numbers and alphabetic values.
For least 1 special sign
For example: cYb3rh@ck3r
What is your mother’s birth place?
This is a normal question whoever answer is common and anyone can guess.