What is Phishing
Phishing is oldest but effective trick or part of hacking. It is method to get most sensitive information like bank information, user name, password, online banking details etc. Phishing page is accurate copy of original page and have exactly data or information as the real page. User think and believe on that page, and enter sensitive information like user name and password and click on login page, after click on login button, the page redirect to incorrect password page, and victim think that may be he/she input wrong button. But on back side that user name and password are sent to hackers. And now hacker have access also victim account and hacker can be do anonymous thing also.
- Received an email and ask to login your account to unlock your locked account. For more detail you can read our post that how to hack email accounts.
- On received email, it have lot of weblinks such as facebook, twitter etc and if you click on link then its ask to login there accounts.
- Attacker may know about your interest area and send according to this and force to login an account.
- Check URL every time before enter sensitive information because phishing url and genuine website url will never exactly same.
- Make sure before login of any account, that URL is correct because mail.gmail.com is totally different to mailgmail.anydomain.com
- Do not login of any account through web link provide in email.
- Go to genuine website, do not click on posted URL such as facebook timeline or twitter.
- Beware of pop-up screen.
- Use updated browser, because now a days, browser detect phishing page also.
- According to bank sites, bank will never:
- ask for your card details.
- ask for your pin card.
- ask for one time password (OPT)
- ask to authorized the transfer fund.
- Provide other banking smart phone app other then banking official app.